Disney Cruise Line also released news about some special sweet treats, specialty drinks and a popcorn buck to commemorate it’s upcoming Silver Anniversary at Sea. The new items that will be available on Silver Anniversary sailings include:
- A 25th Disney Cruise Line Cupcake featuring a vanilla sponge cake, topped with vanilla frosting, “shimmering” sprinkles and a 25th anniversary chocolate topper. You can purchase the cupcake via onboard amenities.
- A Mickey Chocolate Sphere decorated with the 25th anniversary logo. Crack it open to fine various candy pieces inside. This treat will be available in the specialty sweet shops onboard the various ships.
- The three-layer Carrot Cake and Chocolate Marquise available at Cabanas and Marceline Market will both get 25th anniversary decor as well.
- Those sailing in concierge will also be able to taste a new Chocolate Cream Cookie and cupcakes, decorated with 25th anniversary touches.
- DCL will also be adding a chocolate piece decorated to celebrate the 25th anniversary to signature desserts onboard at main and specialty dining.
- Specialty bottles of Coca-Cola decked out for the 25th anniversary will also be available at beverage locations onboard.
- For those over 21, you can taste the new Jubilee by the Sea cocktail made with 818 Blanco Tequila, Luxardo Maraschino, and fresh lemon juice served in a martini glass with a blue sugar rim, and accompanied by a bookmark with the cocktail’s recipe.
- Special cocktail napkins and coasters with the 25th anniversary logo will be used at bars and lounges onboard.
- 25th anniversary travel coffee mugs and beer glasses will be available for purchased onboard.
- A 25th anniversary popcorn bucket will also be available for purchase onboard.
It’s great to see Disney gearing up for the Silver Anniversary with these special items. We’ll reserve judgment until we can experience some of these in person. We also hope they remain available across the full 25th anniversary celebration. From our experience, things like cocktail napkins and coasters are usually short-lived in the restaurants, and DCL also does not have the greatest track record right now for keeping merchandise and special items in stock. You can see photos of some of the new items and learn more at Disney’s official announcement.